Thursday, October 25, 2007

Tricks and Treats!

I think it started with smashing up my black Infinity on an invisible (well I certainly couldn't see it) fence post. After dealing with my insurance company and renting a car (which I stupidly am not covered for, but have since changed), the bills are mounting and I've yet to get my car back after two plus weeks. Yikes! I actually went back to the soccer field where I hit the post and discovered that what I hit is in fact a broken fence. So I do what any pseudo sane photographer would do, and photograph it. After a trip to Town Hall, I now can file a claim that might reimburse me (doubtful). But, at least the next guy won't hit this post from out-of nowhere and the town will get it repaired. Then, my husband finds a baby ring neck snake in the basement. After looking it up they apparently hatch in Spring and Fall, and like cool dark places. Glad to find it as a baby rather than when it's three feet long. My son loved it and wanted to keep it for a pet. We released it in one of our old stone walls and then moved on with the pet idea (which has been a topic in my house for over a year). We started by looking at a couple of local animal shelters for kittens. We were getting close to making a decision, but something told me that I should keep looking. I went to petfinders.com and discovered a Maine Coon mix kitten that was in a high kill shelter located in Tennessee. He was on death row and had about ten hours to live. Long story short, I was on it-he was the one!!! They have volunteers who drive cross country to rescue these beautiful animals. In three days I met a woman who drove all the way to Tennessee to bring us our new baby. He's gorgeous and has the most wonderful personality. We of course had to name him "Tennessee". I highly recommend dealing with animal shelters if you are looking for a pet.

The baby snake was actually very cute.

"Tennessee" in the lap of luxury.

No comments: