Monday, October 22, 2007

Silvermine Artists in Residence


I am am proud member of the SCA, (Silvermine Community Association) and to be a Silvermine Artists in Residence.

After years of living in Manhattan, I bought the house that I grew up in from my mom. The house was built by Howard Logan Hildebrant, a portrait artist who was born in Pennsylvania and then later in life moved to New York. He built our house in 1898, as his summer home where he lived with his artist wife Cornelia and her sister, Miss Ellis.
Hildebrandt was one of the co-founders of the "Silvermine Guild School of Art" and was very active in the community of artists that colonized this area. I'm very nostalgic about the history of my home and want to give a shout out about a show that the Silvermine Artist in Residence have up now at "The Flow Of Art Gallery". I have four pieces in the show.

I missed the opening while attending the Photo Plus Expo in NYC, but the show runs through October 31st. Sorry to have missed seeing everybody. Check it out if your in the hood!

No comments: