Sunday, September 16, 2007

Go Hug Your Mom!


I am so fortunate to have the most incredible Mom! It seems that whenever I have a problem, my Mom can help me work it through. She is a former school teacher and an amazing Grandmother to her five grandchildren, (four that belong to my sisters). Growing up we started calling her "Mimsey", and that is her title to this day. She is such a great role model and I often wonder if it's possible for me to even be half the Mother to my own son. "Mimsey" suffered a minor stroke last Thursday while I was in Idaho at an amazing workshop,(post to follow). I was literally about to board the plane when I got the call. I think that was the longest day ever. No cell phones allowed on planes and only minutes to try to reach family for details on her condition between flights. She has since been released from the hospital and is off to the races as usual. You just can't slow that girl down! So give your Mom a big hug, or call and say I love you. You never know when a conversation could be your last. I try to tell my loved ones how special they are to me and now, I'm going to be super conscience about expressing my appreciation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.